Touchpad not working

Touchpad and app centre not working properlyeos-diagnostic-220707_060530_UTC 0530.txt (1.4 MB)

A few questions:

• Does it not work entirely or does it exhibit some strange behavior?
  • If it does not work entirely, is there some kind of hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad? From the logs it seems that the device is fully recognized and usable.

my laptop touch pad exhibit some strange behavior.

single finger access stops (click and moving cursor)

double finger click opens some icons (but doesn’t help in any navigation of cursor or intended click)

three finger click helps to close windows/tabs (this also stops working after few mins)

i have to restart laptop to get it normal

Can you please run the following command and then upload the generated xinput.txt file from your home directory. This will give us more insight into the exact configuration of your touchpad:

xinput --list --id-only | while read id; do xinput --list-props ${id}; done > ~/xinput.txt

after entering command i’m getting

WARNING: running xinput against an Xwayland server. See the xinput man page for details.
WARNING: running xinput against an Xwayland server. See the xinput man page for details.

OK i see, you are already running the new Wayland display server as your hardware supports it. Can you please try:

1. Execute the following command, then reboot:
sudo sed -i s/\#WaylandEnable=true/WaylandEnable=true/g /etc/gdm3/daemon.conf
  1. On the Login Screen, choose the Xorg Session:

(your Account needs a password, otherwise you won’t see the cogwheel on the lower right where you can select the session type).

1. Report if that makes a difference in your Touchpad behavior

entered command, rebooted.

no choice seen for wayland/xorg, getting just the regular boot password screen

Can you please post the content of your /etc/gdm3/daemon.conf file.

how to do find the file?

Open the Text Editor application, then select “Open” and navigate to /etc/gdm3 using “Other locations”, then select the file. Copy/Paste it’s content into this thread.

endless daemon conf.txt (602 Bytes)

Intersting, your configuration seems good, don’t know why you don’t get the ability to choose from either Wayland or Xorg :frowning:

tried few times and it worked.

chose xorg on login and no issues for past 5 days

thank you for help

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.