Troubleshooting compiling Latex

Hi,

I have a problem with the read-only file system when I compile a .tex file in TexStudio/ TexWorks. Precisely, due to the read-only file system, when I run the file it cannot be created some fonts. The system dialogue looks like
kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600 bbm8

mkdir: cannot create directory ‘././app/texmf-var/fonts/pk/ljfour’: Read-only file system

mktexpk: /app/texmf-dist/web2c/mktexdir /app/texmf-var/fonts/pk/ljfour/public/bbm failed.

kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.

Could you help me, please!

I assume you are running the TexWorks installed from App Center? If so, please head over to the corresponding Flatpak maintainers page and file a bug there:

You can install using the toolbox command. The Toolbox is a tool that offers a familiar RPM based environment for developing and debugging software that runs fully unprivileged using Podman. I recommend reading the toolbox command documentation using the command toolbox --help or github.com/debarshiray/toolbox/tree/master/doc

Create a new toolbox container using the command:

toolbox create --release f33

To run the toolbox use the command:

toolbox enter --release f33

Thank you very much for your help, but I’m not an expert in operating systems or programming. I’m just a user that previously used only the applications under Win. There, I used miktex and, as the interface, I employed winedt. When I passed to endless os, I hoped that my works edited in LaTex can be straightforwardly compiled also in TeXStudio/TeXWorks, but it seems they do not.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.