Unable to upgrade to Endless OS latest beta

Hello, I was hoping to try the latest Endless OS beta, but after following the instructions to start, I get the following:

pkexec eos-stage-ostree demo
Stopping running eos-autoupdater.
Killing eos-updater.
Configuring OSTree for demo stage.
Starting eos-autoupdater.

and nothing seems to be going on at the app center. Is this the correct message that I am supposed to be seeing? How long will it take to upgrade to the latest beta? Thank you in advance!

Have you tried setting DNS from Google on the router you are using or in the operating system settings? If you already have it, try using the command to switch to the Dev version and then reboot. If that doesn’t work, try the commands you used again. It is also recommended to update all flatpack libraries before upgrading.

sudo eos-updater-ctl update --force

Can you please run the following commands in a Terminal:

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/endlessm/eos-meta/master/eos-tech-support/eos-fix-ostree-repo
chmod +x eos-fix-ostree-repo 
sudo eos-fix-ostree-repo

This can probably take a long time to execute. When finished, try updating again:

flatpak update --appstream -y
flatpak update -y

Hi, unfortunately my laptop suffered some kind of glitch yesterday so I had to take it to be serviced. It looks like it will have to be wiped, and if it’s fixed I will take the opportunity to have the technicians install a Linux server so I can install the Koha integrated library system. I do want to eventually have Endless OS 5 on the laptop as dual boot once I see how Koha acts on the laptop and how resource-intensive it is (or perhaps as a live USB to try on the work computer, if that’s possible?). I’ve been using version 4 for a long while now and found it really good, not to mention that the community is awesome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.