Unstable WiFi connection

Hello,

I’ve been having some issues wit the WiFi connection yesterday and today; all of a sudden the connection is lost and there are no networks to select. The only way I can get WiFi back is to restart the laptop. The OS was updated yesterday. I’ve attached the eos-diagnostics file.

eos-diagnostic-200429_151254_UTC 0200.txt (1.1 MB)

Can you please try the following:

1. Open a Terminal
  2. Run:
sudo gedit /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/default-wifi-powersave-on.conf
  1. Put the following into this file:
[connection]
wifi.powersave = 2
  1. Save and Reboot

Let us know if it worked.

I typed the above string into the terminal and it asked me for the password. When I try to input the password though, I can’t type anything in, nor can I paste the password into the terminal. What do I do?

OK, so just as I was finishing my work for the day, I decided to try one more time. I entered everything as written above, entered my password when prompted although it was not visible as I was typing it, and was able to get a file to pop up. I saved it and rebooted. It’s working right now though I will have to wait and see if it will continue to do so tomorrow.

In the meantime I did get this message in the terminal:

(gedit:6671): Tepl-WARNING **: 01:13:36.939: GVfs metadata is not supported. Fallback to TeplMetadataManager. Either GVfs is not correctly installed or GVfs metadata are not supported on this platform. In the latter case, you should configure Tepl with --disable-gvfs-metadata.

What should I do about this?

hola necesito ayuda con eso tambien el internet se desconecta solo cada 20 min
eos-diagnostic-200430_003023_UTC-0500.txt (4,3 MB)

Well, I haven’t had any issues with the WiFi today, so I’m gonna tentatively say the issue’s been resolved. I’ll give it some more time before I mark it as resolved.

For your security the password is not going to show but if you type it and press enter, it will work.

Hola, tienes una versión muy antigua de Endless OS.

Para actualizar tu sistema operativo, por favor ingresa a la applicación Terminal e ingresa el siguiente comando:

sudo ostree admin upgrade

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.