Updating and later re-installation failes (Google Chrome)

I am getting the following error when I try to update via App-Center:

what should I do?

apparently, after abandoning the message, I am able to click the update button for each app separately and doing so I can work through the update list. “Update All” still yields the error message above.
eos-diagnostic-240329_153303_UTC 0100.txt (1.6 MB)

hmm, finally only Chrome remains left and is not updating itself by clicking on Update. Trying “Update all” with Chrome remainig yields:

I am tempted to uninstall Google Chrome, since I rarely use it. I prefer Waterfox, Firefox and Chromium.

since the problem is still there I uninstalled Google Chrome.

I am a bit puzzled that apparentlly I am the only one seeing this error message.

Hi, thanks for the topic, I have the same problem a few days… So, someone can help us?

Any attempt to update via terminal ends up with the following error:

Error: Error deploying: While trying to apply extra data: apply_extra script failed, exit status 256
Error: Can't remove org.freedesktop.Platform/x86_64/21.08, it is needed for: com.google.Chrome

with Google Chrome uninstalled, the update problems are gone. Re-installing failes miserably with:

Trying to file an issue with Google Chrome is impossible, since the instructions for filing an issue require using Chrome, which means an installed Google Chrome. Catch22 :frowning:

in the meantime I tried to file it here

Please can you reproduce the problem, and then attach the flatpak-system-helper.log file created by the following command:

journalctl -u flatpak-system-helper.service > flatpak-system-helper.log

here we are: flatpak-system-helper.log (58.3 KB)

ar: error while loading shared libraries: libsframe.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
tar: data.tar.xz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
mv: cannot stat 'opt/google/chrome/chrome': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file 'opt/google/chrome/chrome': No such file or directory

Fascinating and weird. I’ll dig a little deeper.

1 Like

This is a bug I introduced a few weeks ago. Thank you for reporting it – a fix is awaiting review here.

That fix has been released. It should now be possible to install and update Chrome once again. I am working on a change to our build system to prevent this problem recurring. Thank you again for the report!

thank you for EndlessOS, and yes, Chrome installs correctly again

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.