USB flash drive not recognized

Hello,

my next question as a new user is about USB flash drives: I tried to access several drives on the three different ports on my laptop, and one of them is not recognized. This drive was working correctly on my Windows laptop.

How can I check whether something is wrong with the drive, and why isn’t it recognized by Endless OS? Thank you in advance!

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

Hello, here is the file:
eos-diagnostic-200407_140657_UTC 0200.txt (2.0 MB)

Hi,

Also you can verify if the usb flash drive is in FAT32 format. Plug in the USB and open the app Disks to verify.

Hello, unfortunately I don’t have the application Disks. It doesn’t show up when I type its name in the App center.

But today my laptop is able to recognize this particular usb flash drive; I’m not sure why it couldn’t yesterday (I had the same problem with the Print screen key which didn’t work yesterday but does today). :confused:

Where do I find Disks??

Alright, I figured out how to access Disks: I had to right-click on the flash drive to see Properties, and there was an option to Open in Disks at the bottom of the Properties window. Total capacity of the drive is 4 GB, and filesystem type is msdos.

In Disks, it shows the partition type as W95 FAT32 (LBA).

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.