Very nice install on an HP Pavilion X2 (10-K010nr)

@raoul223 has posted about his experiences with his HP X2 machine and it inspired me to dig out my X2 and try Endless on it. This is an old original X2 with the Intel BayTrail SOC. I picked it up in the Newegg bargin bin. It came without and OS and I have had zero luck getting anything close to working on it.

Endless however does work pretty well. As @raoul223 has experienced there is no internal sound, however in my case Bluetooth audio works fine. The controls for screen brightness do not work (neither the keys nor the display settings panel). The sensors for rotating the screen do not function (the X2 can be a tablet as well). If you do detach the keyboard the onscreen keyboard pops up correctly. The camera does not work. The stylus works, although there is not much in a Linux OS that makes use of a stylus.

Mine X2 has 2GB of RAM and 32GB of onboard storage. It has a 1.33GHz quadcore processor. It is under powered and Endless OS does struggle to run and runs slowly. Endless OS installed easily though. Updates took a long time to install. Multitasking is very limited, with 2-3 applications open trying to open another produces a message that it cannot open for lack of RAM.

A very positive feature of this X2 is its battery life. I started this morning with ~80% battery, installed the system, updated the system. Spent time working to free up internal storage as well as just setting everything up. 3-4 hours later the battery gauge shows 30% with 2:25 left.

It is impressive the Endless team has this working. It is a 64bit processor that must start in 32bit mode. It is one of a very few PCs requires an efi partition. There was a modified Ubuntu installer that almost worked; Phoenix OS and Remix OS almost worked, but nothing I ever tried is doing anywhere near as well as Endless. I am quite glad to have this computer backup and running.

bill

It’s not correct for my HP X2 detachable 10-p0XX
Internal Sound device not added to pulseaudio …second webcam not detected… battery notifify missing.

Sorry using a 64 bits version

STATUS = PENDING