What Content does the Mini Computer come with?

Hi I am new.
I heard about this on the Linux Action show an interview at the scale linux trade show.

I had questions about the amount of content that comes with the computer. Is the content amount the same if you purchase the 89 dollar mini vs the 229 endless one?

How does the offline content differ in the models?

Many thanks

1 Like

@jwp1000
https://support.endlessm.com/hc/en-us/articles/210527043-What-is-the-difference-between-the-Basic-and-Full-versions-

@jwp1000 The main difference between the Mini and the One is that the Mini uses an ARM processor (similar to that used on many Android smartphones), whereas the One uses an Intel processor. Many applications will run fine on both, but many of the games (and a few other apps) are not supported on the Mini. Also, the $229 Endless One comes with a 500 GB hard drive with plenty of room to store your own photos, videos, etc.

(@LeandroStanger’s comment was about the versions of the software that can be downloaded for use on other computers, and is not relevant to the Endless Mini devices)

At the moment, the following apps that are normally included in the Endless One are not available for the Mini:
Coding Fun
Teeworlds
Billiards
Super Tux
BlockOut 2
Minetest
Kobo Deluxe
Audio Editor
Battle Tanks
Chromium BSU (game)
Tux Racer
Tux Kart
TORCS
Warzone 2100
Armagetron
Inkscape
Kalzium
Sudoku
Kubrick
M.A.R.S.
MegaGlest
Open Arena
3D CAD
Stellarium
X-Moto

Also, various third-party applications like Google Chrome, Dropbox, and Skype are not available for download on the Mini.

If you are primarily interested in educational content, the two versions include the same content.

If you care more about video applications and gaming, you would most likely not be happy with a Mini.

Hope that helps!

Roddy

1 Like