Why there is no english option in the endlessos-installer?

I need Endless Os in english in order for me to understand. Please help me.

@The_Tech_Tube

So is there any english option for Endless OS?

@The_Tech_Tube
:+1: :+1: :+1:

@The_Tech_Tube

Hi @The_Tech_Tube, there is a problem with the image server at the moment, our last 3.0.11 release went out without the English language image being built. If you have the internet on the machine you are installing on, you don’t necessarily need the Full English image (with most apps pre-installed for off-line use) because you can select the Basic image and then use the App Center to download the extra apps. Alternatively, you can wait until later today and we should have the image download fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Ok, but when i downloaded the basic version, after the installation is completed. I restart my pc and there are no screen prompting that I need to choose an OS and it just links me straight to Windows OS. Please help.

This is a separate problem which we see with some machines, especially Acer. What computer do you have? Can you share the log file from the installer? It should have a name like EndlessInstaller20161028_12_49_27.log and you can attach it here using the upload button (or drag & drop). Thanks!

I am currently using Toshiba.

EndlessInstaller20170111_18_41_32.log (68.7 KB)
EndlessInstaller20170112_04_43_45.log (27.0 KB)

EndlessInstaller20170112_04_58_32.log (77.5 KB)
EndlessInstaller20170112_05_33_25.log (143.2 KB)

EndlessInstaller20170112_04_57_45.log (32.8 KB)
EndlessInstaller20170111_18_47_31.log (729.7 KB)

6 of them, i have uninstall and reinstall using the same img file but problem still not fix

Thanks for the log files. This is really weird - we can see from the uninstall log that your firmware has created the entry for Endless OS, and the boot order has been correctly modified to put Endless OS first. Can you try and find a way to enter the “boot menu” for your computer and see if it has an entry for Endless OS there? It looks like, from Google, pressing F12 will get this menu - just keep pressing it repeatedly from the moment your computer restarts. If that works, you might try going in to the BIOS setup (F2 when your computer is booting) and change the boot order so that Endless OS is before Windows.

I have access to the boor menu, now what must I do?

So, The F10 goes first when start and after open the boot menu, I continue by pressing F2? Right?

If Endless OS is installed, you should be able to see it in the boot menu and select it to boot.

The boot menu lets you choose (once) which OS/device will be booted next, when you select it (usually with arrow keys and then pressing enter), but if you enter the BIOS setup (F2) then you should be able to find a similar list which you can edit and save, moving the entries up and down. The log shows that your firmware has created and saved the entry for Endless OS, and set it as the default, but it isn’t booting it for some reason. It’s a very common bug that manufacturers just ignore parts of these settings and always just boot Windows automatically. :frowning: If we’re lucky, the boot menu should show Endless OS, and let you boot it - if that works, the next step would be to use the F2 BIOS settings to change and save the order so Endless OS always boots.

Just now when the laptop is starting, I press F10 and it came up with option such as info about my laptop, system configuration, boot with HDD, USB and more. So did I went to the wrong place?

It did not show this