Wi-Fi adapter or Internet connection?

Good morning @Daniel . This time I did everything in the right order.
eos-diagnostic-171109_054321_UTC 0300.txt (340,5 КБ)

Hi, @Daniel, @wjt.
Is there any information about my problem? I really want to upgrade to 3.3.2. (:

@Daniel has contacted Qualcomm about this problem.

Thanks, @wjt.
I’ll wait.

I think that no solution for my problem. ):

As I have noticed, version 3.3.4 has already been released. But my problem was inherited in to the new version.

Hi,

Sorry for the slow repsonse here. We have a new idea and it would be great if you could explore it.

1. Update to the latest version. Confirm that the bug exists still. Run cat /proc/interrupts in the terminal and post the results here.

2. Follow these instructions while rebooting in order to access the GRUB menu:
    https://support.endlessm.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003751803-After-an-update-my-computer-does-not-boot-How-do-I-recover-
    (I expect you will need to use Esc to access this menu - not shift)

3. At the grub menu:

• Press e on the first entry (Endless OS 3.3.x)
  • Use the up and down arrow keys to select the line that starts with linux
  • Use the right arrow key to move the cursor to the very end of the long line. Press space and then add the parameter: pci=nomsi
  • Press F10 to boot the system
  1. When booted, post to this thread (regardless of if wifi now works or continues to be problematic):
    a) eos-diagnostics output (must be run “fresh” now that you have entered this new configuration)
    b) cat /proc/interrupts output (again, from this new configuration)
    a) Your observations for if wifi works or not

Let us know if you need further help running any of these steps! Thanks

1 Like

Thank you, @Daniel . I’ll try this method tonight, after work.

Hi. Result for cat /proc…bla-bla
interrupts_before.txt (2,9 КБ)
After update up to 3.3.4
UPD. WiFi doesn’t work

UPD2. eos-diagnostics report after cat /proc/bla-blaeos-diagnostic-171209_022203_UTC 0300.txt (616,9 КБ)

UPD3. cat /proc/interrupts report “Fresh” (:interrupts_after.txt (2,5 КБ)

UPD final. So, IMHO
After update and adding “pci=nomsi” - wifi is work. Until next normal reboot. I mean that all pages are loading in browser.
But i have a new problem - total freezes of all system. In video player, in online-player - even the graphic interface of the system works slow.
Also, my laptop is very hot. Much more hottest than before this procedure.
I hope that this info will elp you fix this bug.

Thanks! Yes, with this info we should now be able to work on a real fix.

Thanks again for helping us out with this. I’ve put a fix into testing internally, if all goes to plan we should release it in a bit less than a month from now.

Good news.
Thanks, @Daniel

Endless OS 3.3.6 is available as an online update and should solve this issue. Please let us know if it works!

It is wonderful! Tonight I will test.
Thanks, @Daniel

It’s alive! (;
Thanks @Daniel and all team members.