Wifi doesn't work

eos-diagnostic-220924_000142_UTC-0300.txt (792,3,KB)

hello, I’ve done everything and tried some commands recommended by the community but the wifi keeps dropping and doesn’t recognize my network for several minutes, I don’t know what to do

Unfortunately, there’s currently a regression in 4.0.9 which makes wifi on RTL8821BE based devices unstable. Please see the following thread for a potential workaround until the issue gets fixed:

Please also provide us with a diagnostic after you have followed the instructions there. Do this by opening Terminal and running:

eos-diagnostics

Then, upload the generated file here in this thread.

acabei de fazer isso e parece que funcionou, obrigadoeos-diagnostic-220924_152256_UTC-0300.txt (1,9,MB)

@Daniel
Here’s a log of a device using the RTL8821CE chipset, working on 3.9.7 but having instability issues with 4.0.9. Does that help in nailing down the regression?

Thanks… It appears that the newer Realtek driver shipped in the newer Linux kernels has issues with this hardware :frowning: We’ll keep updating that driver with the latest from Realtek, but it seems like affected users will have to look to swap for an Intel card or experiment USB-wifi options.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.