Your browser is being managed by your organization

Hello there, I am a brand new user of endless OS, never before had a linux computer, and I’m getting familiar with what I can do with it.

I have an issue with Firefox: I cannot set it as a default browser, and I get a note saying that “Your browser is being managed by your organization.” Under Firefox updates in Preferences, I get the following:
Firefox Updates
Keep Firefox up to date for the best performance, stability, and security.
Version 74.0 (64-bit) What’s new
Endless OD Firefox Flatpak
endless-firefox-flatpak - 1.0
Show Update History…
Check for updates
Updates disabled by your system administrator

Why is my browser being managed by my (??) organization? Why are updates disabled by my system administrator?

Also, when checking Firefox in the app center, it constantly stalls on Installing… and never reaches the Installed status. Could someone clarify this? Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Go to Settings :arrow_right: Details :arrow_right: Default Applications

What version of Endless OS are you using?
To check which version of Endless OS you are in Settings :arrow_right: Details

Hello, thank you for pointing me to where I can set the default browser! My version of Endless OS is 3.7.8 (200309-143433).

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal
  2. Copy and paste this command into the Terminal application:
killall gnome-software
flatpak update --appstream && flatpak update -y
flatpak uninstall -y --unused
gnome-software

Thank you; I did that, and the message at the end is

Changes complete.
error: There were one or more errors

Hello, does anyone know how I can find out and correct these errors? In addition, my browser still has the message that “Updates are disabled by your system administrator”. I’d like to be able to update my browser (Firefox in my case).

Hello, unfortunately I do not know how to fix these errors, but I know for sure that with the release of the latest update you can make the applications update themselves, update your laptop, then in the update center app and select update, I’ll figure it out.

I hope you give a good grade :ухмыляющийся:ROFL:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.