Admin account password

I bought a laptop not knowing it has endless os. But I’m getting used to it. My only problem is with the admin account password, I don’t remember providing pw for such account. So now I can’t download vlc to watch videos.

@maskleon

@LeandroStanger
Thanks, man!
I can log in at the start. I also try using the login password for the admin account but it’s not working. I might try to reinstall Endless with a usb stick.

@mhall119 Could help

@LeandroStanger Hey man! sorry to bother you. I can’t reinstall endless because i’m already running endless. I don’t know what to do. I can’t authenticate/unlock the admin account.

@maskleon,
Hi! Even I am a new user but did not face any troubles of that sort(Though I remember I got this admin problem once and to be frank I forgot what to do),Mine came in with endless preloaded .
So these are my probable suggestions-
Try updating to newest version of endless(3.0+)
Try to check the users in the settings and check if that can be of any help(Or even remove guest user)
Hope it helps!

@maskleon
Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

eos-diagnostic-171227_114022_UTC 0800.txt (301.7 KB)
Thanks in advance man! @LeandroStanger

Thanks for your suggestions @Harish_Dechiraju I’m gonna try it.

Settings>Details>Look for updates

@LeandroStanger
I just did that and it seems that I can’t still authenticate my account. I know that someone who first set the account is considered the super user and yet I can’t unlock it. Should I alter something with the BIOS? Thanks

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

@LeandroStanger eos-diagnostic-171227_221851_UTC 0800.txt (266.4 KB)
Thanks, once again!

@maskleon Hi there,
Recovering the admin password is possible without re-installling Endless OS. Were you able to follow the instructions in the support article Leandro first posted? If you have an Endless US stick you can follow the part titled If you have an Endless OS USB stick, which are the easiest ones. If not you can follow the part titled If you don’t have any way to make a bootable USB stick which is a big more complicated, but will get the job done.

Thanks @mhall119. I’m gonna try it again.

Здравствуйте.
Помогите мне восстановить пароль или нужен пароль супер пользователя. Endless OS 3.

Hello.
Help me to recover the password or need a superuser password Endless OS 3.eos-diagnostic-180106_154703_UTC-0800.txt (308,6 КБ)

@icdvm

Settings>Details>Look for updates

@icdvm check out this FAQ: https://support.endlessm.com/hc/en-us/articles/208248586-I-forgot-my-password

Hi,
Is there a solution for the problem? I was trying to delete the user I had, because I’m returning the laptop to the seller. So I was messing around with it, I created a new user so I could delete my old one, made the new user admin, but as I was messing around with it I deleted the new admin user. Now, I have my old user and the shared account thing, both of them became regular users, there’s no user who has admin power. Now, I can login to my old user with my password, but I can’t authenticate, it asks for the admin’s password. I can’t connect to the internet or anything because it requires the admin’s password. I never created a password for the new user and now there’s now admin user either. I’m not a tech guy unfortunately, is there anything I could do, or should I just take the laptop into a shop and have them reinstall the whole os? Thanks in advance

i having the same problem
can u help me?