The first beta release of Endless OS 3.8.4 is out. Please follow these instructions if you want to join the beta testing program; bear in mind that the chance of encountering bugs is higher than in a regular stable release. As always, please ensure your data is backed up!
Other Improvements and Changes
- We’ve updated to Chromium 83.0.4103.97 bringing new improvements and security fixes to Endless’ built-in web browser.
- Sometimes unlocking the screen would show a “No apps are open” dialog or restore the last minimized application. This is now fixed.
- Dragging icons outside application folders in the desktop should now work as expected.
- The desktop was updated to fix an issue with some translations not getting applied correctly.
- Non-administrator users should now be able to modify metrics settings on Settings > Privacy > Metrics by authenticating with an administrator account when requested.
- The scanner driver libraries were updated to add support for a number of scanner models.
- Users who have installed Firefox from Endless’ app repository will be migrated to the official Mozilla version on Flathub.
- Live + Installer USB devices created with our Endless Installer for Windows tool using Endless OS images with version 3.8.0 through 3.8.3 fail to go through the installation process. They can still be used to try Endless OS as a live system, and this issue will be fixed with the final Endless OS 3.8.4 release.
- In the meantime, if you have already downloaded a version of Endless OS between 3.8.0 and 3.8.3, you can install it using the alternative method described on this FAQ entry.