The first beta release of Endless OS 3.8.5 is out. Please follow these instructions if you want to join the beta testing program; bear in mind that the chance of encountering bugs is higher than in a regular stable release. As always, please ensure your data is backed up!
Updated hardware support
- The Linux kernel has been updated to include the stable fixes from Linux 5.4.41 and Ubuntu’s kernel version 5.4.0-39.43.
- New firmware files have been included in linux-firmware, to support some Intel Open Sound Firmware devices and Realtek’s RTL8822C Bluetooth adapter.
- Headset microphone support has been fixed on the Acer TravelMate B311R-31 and Acer Veriton N4660G laptops.
- VirtualBox Guest Additions has been updated to version 6.1.6.
Other Improvements and Changes
- We’ve updated to Chromium 84.0.4147.89 bringing new improvements and security fixes to Endless’ built-in web browser.
- The App Center was updated to fix an issue where some pending software updates were not getting applied correctly.
- The Hack icon on the desktop should now properly hide/show itself when the application is disabled/enabled via parental controls.
- The “Give us feedback” user menu now points users to our community forum.