The first beta of Endless OS 3.9.0 is now out. Please follow these instructions if you want to join the beta testing program; bear in mind that the chance of encountering bugs is higher than in a regular stable release. As always, please ensure your data is backed up!
Endless OS 3.9.0 and later will only be available for 64-bit systems. 32-bit ARM devices, such as Endless Mini, will remain on 3.8.7.
In this release the desktop and most of its components were updated to the versions from GNOME 3.38, bringing new features, performance improvements and bug fixes.
Updated hardware support
We have updated our low-level software platform, which should improve stability and hardware compatibility.
- Linux kernel 5.8, bringing support for the latest PC hardware and several fixes to existing drivers and core kernel code, including security fixes.
- NVIDIA driver 450.66, adding support for new NVIDIA graphics cards.
- Other low-level userspace components were also updated, bringing in new features and bug-fixes (e.g. systemd, Xorg, etc).
In addition, a number of hardware support bugs were fixed for this release, improving and expanding the hardware compatibility of Endless OS.
Other Improvements and Changes
- The desktop application grid now always display all installed applications in the system, making it easier to find new applications and content.
- Flatpak was updated to version 1.8.2 to keep compatibility with the latest features and bug fixes.
- Other general bugfixes and improvements.