Can applications be installed to sd card

I am happy with the Endless OS but I am having issues with lack of storage space on my emmc.
I installed the Endless OS on my SBC but it has only one built-in 16gb emmc drive.
I already gave up some applications to free up 3gb of storage space.
I suspect that it will run out of space after a few updates.
My question:
Is it possible to move/install some of the applications to the sd card that I have installed on the SBC?

Hi,

We produce split-disk images of Endless OS exactly for this purpose of putting apps on a separate SD card as is found on Endless Minis and some other hardware. But that’s not much help to you since you’d have to reinstall your OS to use it. Another option you have is to define a flatpak installation on the SD card. But you may have to install and run apps from it using the command line; I’m not sure the App Center will show the apps there.

I have no problem to reinstall the OS. But may I have more info of how and what to do.

Thank you.

The split disk images I mentioned are not publicly available. I would recommend following the link in my last comment and using that method.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.