Firefox keeps asking to be my default browser

It already is my default browswer, and I’ve unchecked the box to “Always perform this check when starting Firefox” – still asks everytime.

@worldpossible
Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command: eos-diagnostics
  3. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

@worldpossible This is a known issue that we have seen and will try to fix when we get a chance, but it is not high on our list of priorities at the moment. In the meantime, I think you can work around it by clicking “Not now” – though counter-intuitive, if you previously set it as the default, it appears that it will remain the default but will stop showing the annoying dialog.

@LeandroStanger I know you are trying to be helpful, but there really is no need to suggest generating a diagnostic log for every issue reported, especially if it can be easily reproduced.

Roddy

2 Likes

@roddy I’m on version 53.0.3 on win 10. Firefox is free, we get it, and thanks, but this is getting annoying. I still user firefox for 99% of my browsing needs, but I need another browser to be the default due to ‘official needs’. I hope it is fixed sooner, it gets annoying.

1 Like

@junang3 I fixed this issue on my own machines. When Firefox was open I believe I could go into settings in the browser and found a way to disable the question there which actually stuck.