Flatpak 1.0.0 or newer required

Since my steam stops working yesterday i tried eveything but everytime got the error that flatpak 1.0.0 or newer required. I need urgent help. I cant play my games and cannot do anything.

1 Like

Which version of Endless OS are you using? It’s possible that the updater has failed and you are stuck with an old version, which means Flatpak is also old. Either check in Settings -> Details or fetch a diagnostic log and attach here. https://support.endlessm.com/hc/en-us/articles/208416346

3.4.2-nexthw1 (180612-064059) and its unable to update the system. My steam client was working well till yesterday. And yesterday it was suddenly stopped and not working anymore. I am very new to Linux system. And i dont know what flatpak and other things. If you help me to solve this i will keep using endless otherwise unfortunately turn to windows.

Came with asus laptop.

/sysroot/home/uzun/eos-diagnostic-190912_230514_UTC+0300.txt

Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

eos-diagnostic-190912_230514_UTC 0300.txt (685.4 KB)

eos-diagnostic-190913_224416_UTC 0300.txt (3.1 MB)
Also by the way that shown above with alt+f2

I have a similat issue, i cannot install apps like Spotify or Steam because they need a different flatpak version, but it’s my first time using an os different from Windows and I really don’t know what to do.

Software version is 3.6.3

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I really need to get this sorted out or I might have to return my laptop, because I cannot install Windows on it without ruining the warranty. And so far I can only use Google Chrome and some sort of epub reader from your app center and I feel kind of disappointed.

Have a great day!

Kind regards,

Diana

gnome-software-verbose.txt (1.89 MB)

eos-diagnostic-190919_075833_UTC+0300.txt (754 KB)

Hello

I sent you about 5 days ago the reports regarding the issue with the flatpak version and I haven’t received an response or confirmation email yet. I am just wondering if you managed to take a look at those reports.

I’m looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
Diana

The fix will be available on Endless OS 3.6.4. Will be released as soon as possible!

Thank you for your reply.

Have a great day ahead!

Kind regards,

Diana

In the meantime, you can work around this issue by running flatpak from the command line:

Sorry about that! There is a problem with versions 3.4.0-nexthw1, 3.4.2-nexthw1 and 3.4.3-nexthw1 where the upgrade process is not working quite right.

To recover from this situation, open the Terminal app and at the prompt, carefully type the command:
sudo ostree admin upgrade

It may ask for your user password (which will not be displayed as you type it in).

It will then go and download the update, so please be patient until the process finishes, it will say Bootloader updated; bootconfig swap: yes deployment count change: 1

At that point, reboot your computer and it will load the new version of Endless OS. You should now be able to update and run Steam.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.