How to install Linux on Endless laptop

I know this question has been asked quite a few times, but I’ve only found mixed responses so far. The thing is I’ve been working with Linux for quite a long time, and I can’t see myself going back to Windows now (much less W10). I needed a new laptop without an OS, but I could only find one with Endless for a reasonable price. I bought it thinking I’d dual boot Linux, except I can’t. Not USB sticks, nor CDs work. Even if I set the UEFI to boot from USB first, it still ignores everything and boots Endless instead.

I don’t think I can return the laptop now. Is there really any way I can install Linux on it (or that I will be able to do it in a future update) or have I royally screwed up with this purchase?

You do not mention the brand of laptop you have. The best source of information on BIOS and setting startup options is generally found in the support area of the laptop manufacturer’s web site. There are times when the BIOS or embedded controller becomes stuck on something or experience some glitch. This is usually worked around by resetting the laptop. And once again the procedure for preforming this action is going to be available on the manufacturer’s web site.

Of course the relevant information can often be obtained via web search, which in Endless can be done right from the home screen.

bill

Sorry, didn’t know brand played a role in this. It’s Acer.

I will try to do what you said, but I had the idea it was something else since everything I’ve googled seems to lead to some sort of “it’s not possible to install a second OS on a native Endless laptop, but there are some tricks”.

Thanks!