I bought a laptop with Endless OS and want to install and dual boot Windows on it. How can I do this?

I just bought a new laptop. And is ASUS, of course, like I have seen in many different topics. I want to Uninstall Endless OS and install a Windows then coming back with Endless. Is it possible? Because it was given to me with Endless on it. But I also need Windows and at the same time I found out that Endless is a massively educational and I can learn a lot of stuff. Can you please, help me? I want to uninstall it, then reinstall it alongside Windows. Please. I need Windows for some things.

1 Like

You need to buy a copy of Windows, and install it. During the installation process you’ll be able to delete Endless OS. We can’t really help with this step – you’d have to ask Microsoft for support.

Once you have installed Windows, you can download and install Endless OS. Just follow the instructions on our website. Unfortunately you will have to download it again.

1 Like

@BuhoiuDragos
https://vimeo.com/187377640

Thank You guys. i just found out that it was a BIOS problem. Thank You, I will continue with Endless OS. A lot of Wikipedia information that I need! Massive organised.

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Do touch gestures work in Endless OS on an Asus laptop?

Hi, BuhoiuDragos, I am using Asus laptop and in it I got DOS but I want to install Linux. And as you may know that Asus does not provide any Linux driver and neither available on the internet. So I want to know that Endless OS Linux Perfectly Compatible with my Asus laptop?

Some version of Linux I already tried in it like Ubuntu and Debian but in both cases, my touch gestures were not working else everything was alright. So can you check in your Endless OS touch gesture like two taps for right click etc. are working? Please provide a feedback it help me alot.

Thank YOU

@Pritishparihar
Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command: eos-diagnostics
  3. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

eos-diagnostic-171010_182358_UTC+0530.txt

Hi @Harish_kumawat, it looks like you were trying to attach a file here, but only posted the name of it.

The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

hi there. in my boot screen there is no option to boot from a bsb.(my notebook has no cd-reader)

@George_Kampilis this is outside the scope of Endless OS. How to boot a computer from USB depends on the computer manufacturer and model – I suggest you check the manual, or contact the manufacturer.