Laptop crashes when playing games & GPU info

Hello,

Yesterday I bought a laptop, Acer NItro 5 AN515-54-58CL and now I have been struggling with some problems.

Machine Specs: Endless OS 3.83, Intel Core i5 9th Gen, GPU: GEFORCE GTX 1650, RAM: 8GB, SSD: 128GB.

Issues:

1. Whenever I try to play a game the system crashes. It stops working and I have to turn it off and on again to be able to use it (not playing), even though I haven’t been trying to play so demmanding games.

2. I’ve been struggling to have GPU usage info, such as memory usage and temperature. I tried using the command ‘nvidia-smi’ but it wasn’t found. P.S.: Since I got the laptop I didn’t install any driver because I was told that it’d be automatically updated. What I am doing wrong?

Thank you!

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

Certo. Não consegui fazer o upload aqui porque o arquivo é maior que o permitido. Fiz o upload dele aqui: https://file.io/MtE6zv5x

Hi,

It says page not found.

eos-diagnostics result:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:
flatpak update --appstream && flatpak update -y
flatpak install flathub com.leinardi.gwe && eos-add-to-desktop com.leinardi.gwe
flatpak run com.valvesoftware.Steam

I ran the command and I got this:
“Info: org.gnome.Platform.Locale está em fim de vida, com motivo: The GNOME 3.32 runtime is no longer supported as of 11th March 2020. Please ask your application developer to migrate to a supported platform.
Info: org.gnome.Platform está em fim de vida, com motivo: The GNOME 3.32 runtime is no longer supported as of 11th March 2020. Please ask your application developer to migrate to a supported platform.
Nada para fazer.”

When I run the command ‘gnome-shell --version’ I get:

“GNOME Shell 3.36.0”

I also tried to find GEFORCE Experience app to have GPU info or to run GreenWIthEnvy (GWE) but I can’t find the first one and GWE doesn’t work, it shows this message:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.