Nothing happens when trying to add a contact to Contacts

I’m trying to add a new contact on Contacts (gnome-contacts). On its welcome screen, I select “Local Address Book” and press Done button, but nothing happens. Running from command-line interface, I see the following message:

(gnome-contacts:2539): gnome-contacts-CRITICAL **: 18:00:46.583: __lambda74_: asserting 'selected_store != NULL' failed

My environment is:

• Endless OS 3.8.5
  • gnome-contacts 3.36

Any hints?

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution
1 Like

eos-diagnostic-200811_181356_UTC-0300.txt (936,5,KB)

By the way, It is my first use of Contacts on this system, so that address book was not used until now. It means I did not reach the screen with a “+” button on the top-left corner of Contacts window to add a contact.

@rafaelff there is a problem with gnome-contact version 3.36 (and should be fixed in EOS 3.9.0)

For now, I found a workaround: go to Settings, add any online account, with contact management feature, eg. Google Gmail, Microsoft Outlook. After login, reopen the gnome-contact and select that online Address book, it won’t stuck at the setup screen.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.