Remove Windows on Dual boot with endless

How do I remove windows completely without breaking endless OS, i installed endless on another partition and would like it to occupy the entire hard disk. Please help

1 Like

please help, I dual booted with windows but installed endless on a different partition but now i want to get rid of windows without breaking endless, how do i go about it?

(I merged your two posts about this.)

At present, if you have a dual-boot installation of Endless OS, the only way to remove Windows and keep Endless OS is to reformat your computer with Endless OS. You will lose all your data in your current Endless OS installation, and in your Windows installation. Follow these steps:

1. Back up your data in Endless OS to an external hard drive.
  2. Back up your data in Windows to an external hard drive.
  3. Create an Endless OS USB stick, following the instructions on https://www.endlessos.com/.
  4. Boot your computer from the Endless OS USB stick.
  5. Select the Reformat option.
  6. Endless OS will be installed on your computer, erasing your existing Windows and Endless OS installations and all your data.
2 Likes

okay, well, in that same spirit, is there anyway to upgrade endless os basic version to full without having to reinstall since the base system is already installed.

The Full version is just the Basic version with lots of apps installed. So, just open the app center and install the apps you want!

1 Like

All good, but the Encyclopedia refuses to Install, It actually is 0 bytes in the app center. Any workaround?

Actually, nothing in the reference and news tab installs.

Please do the following:

• Open Terminal
  • Run killall gnome-software
  • Run gnome-software --verbose > gnome-software-verbose.txt – this will launch the app center and gather a lot of debug output to a text file
  • Reproduce the problem in the app center
  • Close the app center and return to the Terminal
  • Press Ctrl-C
  • Send gnome-software-verbose.txt to us