The software stops and waits something too frequently

The laptop was brand new, bought right after the news about EOS 4.0. https://www.acer.com/ac/ru/RU/content/professional-model/NX.VHSER.00E It’s hard to say if the device performs better on the previous version of Endless OS. I don’t even know where to get this previous version of Endless OS.

But I have already checked - the processor freezes are continue after turning off Wi-Fi.

Therefore, I have 2 versions for: harware or EOS (too heavy).

Apparently the best thing is to try the previous version of Endless OS, could you please give me a link to download it (better if the version is exe).

Yes, it did. I have already tried this PC with Endless 3.5 and 3.9 - this device works nice on the previous version of Endless OS.

Could you please hint me how to fulfill the Rosegarden’ requirements. Where can I get and how to install the following applications for Endless OS:

bash

available, functioning ALSA General MIDI soft synth (QSynth, TiMidity++, etc.) with soundfont (Fluid-Soundfont, Freepats, etc.)

lilypond

ocular OR acroread OR evince

gtklp OR lpr OR lp

jackd

flac

wavpack/wvunpack

qjackctl

DSSI plugins (any available)

LADSPA plugins (any available)

• Rosegarden is available on Flathub, so you should be able to install it from the App Center on Endless OS.
  • Many audio plugins are also available on Flathub. They can’t be installed through the App Center at present but you can get a list with this GitHub search and install them in the Terminal application with (for example):
flatpak install org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.Guitarix//21.08
  • bash, evince, lpr are all preinstalled
  • jackd cannot be easily installed. If audio apps available in the app center do not work with the built-in PulseAudio sound server, I’m afraid they can’t be used on Endless OS at present. You may be able to run it in a podman container.
  • There are several lilypond frontends on Flathub, including Frescobaldi—Linux Apps on Flathub
  • Qsynth—Linux Apps on Flathub

5 posts were split to a new topic: Digital audio on Endless OS

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.