Unacceptable TLS certificate

Hello,
After updating via terminal there was the message below. Can I fix this? If not, Is it safe to navigate on the internet without this TLS protocol?
Thank you

Error: While pulling app/org.chromium.Chromium/x86_64/stable from remote flathub: Unacceptable TLS certificate

Updates complete.

error: There were one or more errors

malu@endless:

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

eos-diagnostic-210417_101850_UTC-0300.txt (2,2,MB)

can you please run the following commands and post their output:

date
sudo ostree pull --commit-metadata-only flathub:app/org.chromium.Chromium/x86_64/stable

if this yields no error, please run:

flatpak update --appstream -y
flatpak update -y

Hi egrath, these are the results:
malu@endless:~$ date
Sat 17 Apr 2021 05:45:07 PM -03
malu@endless:~$ sudo ostree pull --commit-metadata-only flathub:app/org.chromium.Chromium/x86_64/stable

We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System
Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:

#1) Respect the privacy of others.
#2) Think before you type.
#3) With great power comes great responsibility.

[sudo] password for malu:

Screenshot from 2021-04-17 17-58-21|690x388

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal
  2. In this application run the command:
flatpak uninstall --unused -y
1 Like

Enter your password when asked - the sudo command runs the given command with administrative privileges and needs your password for confirmation.

OK seems good. Has the original error occured again?

I assume that at when the original error occured, there was a issue with the date settings of your computer, which rendered the certificate illegal - at least there are some indications about this in the logfile.

1 Like

It is ok so far. Thank you, guys! I really appreciate your patience and willingness to orient us.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.