USB WiFi card. Need to compile to connect via WiFi

In Ubuntu I used make in order to compile this driver in order to use this USB WiFi key. What is the way to do this in Endless? I just installed on two machines for the home

This isn’t really supported on Endless. Do you have a link to the driver? Please also follow these steps and attach the diagnostics file here. Perhaps it’s possible for us to include it in Endless OS directly.

The device is Link . It comes with all of the make files on a CD including the Readme files. I can package zip all the files. The website the “company” has does not have the files on his site. Once compiled works awesome in Ubuntu with little to no bugs at all. Had it deployed to two of my media PCs in my house. Unable to submit diagnostic files as the utilities to make / compile in Endless are not available. Please let me know if you need any specs on the PCs themselves.

Please do insert the device, run eos-diagnostics, and attach the result anyway: it will include the USB device identifier, which will be useful to have.

If you can send us the driver itself, that would be great too!

As you’ve discovered we don’t provide the tools to compile your own kernel module on Endless OS.

Attached the results of the diag here. I have another exact same specs as well so this would be appreciated. My Son loves the OS so far and the Endless team did an amazing job on it. I also run this OS as a VM on my server as well. Below as a complete copy from the driver CD. Included the windows and MAC driver in case you decide to do a wrapper instead.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3XdteJJVJ0CTlF3NkhaSk1iZk0/view?usp=sharing

eos-diagnostic-171012_094103_UTC-0700.txt (631.6 KB)

@wjt any update if this can be added for support? My kids love this OS, and it provides all that I need as well.

Thanks for the reminder. I’ve passed on this information to our kernel team, let’s see what they say.

Any update on this? Curious if I need to look into another OS for the kids.

Sorry, no update from the kernel team.

1 Like