VLC doesn't work how can I fix it?

Videos do not play even after installing the video codecs, is there a way to resolve this problem?

@optiper2
Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

/sysroot/home/bonnie/eos-diagnostic-180304_091240_UTC-0400.txt

Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

@LeandroStanger how do you want them to send it? I’ve seen that boilerplate before and maybe the mechanism should be explicit.

Also have you considered building into the eos-diagnostics tool a system for automatically uploading the file?

I’m more of an advanced user looking for the distribution that I can recommend to my non-tech friends…

@optiper2

@jcrben If you have a recent version of Endless OS, running eos-diagnostics will open the file manager and highlight the file that we are asking you to attach. If that is not happening, you likely have an older version of Endless OS, and perhaps you need to update the OS in order to install VLC. All the codecs that are needed by VLC should be included with the app when you install it from the app center. Hope that helps!

@roddy hey, I wasn’t having this problem personally - I was raising a point more generally. I pulled this into a separate thread Seamless and friendly customer support instructions

If you have a recent version of Endless OS, running eos-diagnostics will open the file manager and highlight the file that we are asking you to attach.

That’s great, but it doesn’t sound like that explains how to send the file.

Note also that the link that @LeandroStranger pointed me to (https://support.endlessm.com/hc/en-us/articles/208416346-How-do-I-make-a-debug-log-of-Endless-OS-) does not explain how to send the file either. At the end it says this:

1. Send gnome-software-verbose.txt to us