Wi-Fi not working after upgrade to 3.8.0

i can boot my laptop. but cant boot with shift key pressed.

After googling around a little bit, it seems that for some unknown reasons, on some ASUS Notebooks the Shift-Key does not work as expected and you have to use the ESC-Key instead. Try this please and see if that works for you. If, continue with my commands, if not, let us know.

I dont understand what should I do! why there so many bugs in this os! ugh!

after booting with esc key i got previous version of os. then i got connected with WIFI, but i cant do anything!! cant browse, cant surf nothing!!! overall, when i got to app center it says No application found!!!

when i go to google chrome its just loading!!!

at the bottom bar, i got a new sign like mic, i dont know what is this!!!

i did as your command but whenever i power off my notebook again i found the new (faulty) version of os!! it is a matter of exclamatory that, the previous version is also gone faulty!!!

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

sudo eos-rollback

1. Restart the computer
1 Like

PLEASE tell me why i cant use internet in the previous version 3.7.8, although i have internet connection.

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:
killall gnome-software
flatpak update --appstream && flatpak update -y

i did it accordingly but no change at all… still i cant use internet. and when i go to terminal at the top it says permission denied! but why?
i command as you said but its again says “permission denied”

So, you are at 3.7.8 now and still your Wireless isn’t working like it was before the upgrade? If yes, that’s really strange. Can you please try what i described in this thread:

It will completely reset your Wireless Network and allows for a fresh start.

It doesn’t work.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!
i cant do anything… cant open document file, cant open any file on laptop… when i open terminal its says permission denied. im in os version 3.8.0. and the wifi problem also not solved yet.

Sorry to hear that it’s still not working. I exhausted my options in this case and can’t help any further.

frankly tired of trying to find a solution to this wifi problem - when is the next software update coming ? I have had to restart the laptop more than 10 times in a day its crazy . I think they should put a warning on the laptop boxes that you may need linux coding knowledge to use the laptop

Hello @Rabbil_Hassan. According to your latest screenshot, your are currently running 3.7.8 (see that * in front of the 3.7.8 version?), which is expected after running the sudo eos-rollback command. But looks like there is something wrong with your file permissions, and that is why you are seeing some of these “permission denied” messages. To help see if we can recover from that situation, can you please share the output of the following commands?

1. id
  2. sudo ls -na /sysroot/home/hassan

Also, if I understand correctly, your internet worked fine on 3.7.8, before upgrading to 3.8.0, it stopped working after the upgrade, and after booting back into 3.7.8 the wifi gets connected but you cannot navigate, is that right? Can you please share a new diagnostics file from 3.7.8, on this new situation? To do that, please first try running eos-diagnostics, and if you get “permission denied” errors, please see if running sudo eos-diagnostics makes it possible to generate the diagnostics file.

With all the information above I can help you try to fix the permission problems on your machine, and see if anything else can be done to help you with you internet connection.

Thanks.

@admire_kabasa Please open a separate forum topic for your problem and upload the diagnostics file, so we can try to help you finding a solution.

Here it is. Please Help me!

eos-diagnostic-200515_151253_UTC+0600.txt (1.05 MB)

At least the Permission denied errors can be fixed easily. For some reason, your home directory owner does not match your actual user. Open a Terminal and run:

sudo chown -R hassan:hassan /sysroot/home/hassan

Enter your password when asked.

1 Like

Thank you so much. Finally solved. :frowning:

Yes, @egrath beat me to replying, thanks!

@Rabbil_Hassan Is the WiFi problem solved as well? Can you upload a new diagnostics file with the current status (despite if the WiFi is working or not).

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.