ASUS Wifi Issues

There can be setting on wifi modem, that set the time how long your connection can last. This is more common on some public wifi modem. Looks like you do not have this, you can look it up. To be sure, by connecting your self locally to modem menu and see it there.

Unfortunately, 2 other laptops and 2 smartphones have no such problems with the same router…

Still no luck with this one. Under more serious load (~80% RAM load with it being mostly Chrome tabs) the adapter hangs and needs to be disabled via airplane mode and re-enabled to work again.

So much time later - still no fix. From what I read, this is not really an Endless-only bug but more of a Kernel thing instead - users with Mint and Ubuntu are facing similar issues as well. I still hope for an update because r8822be is kind of widely used wifi adapter - with Asus, Acer and Lenovo (and maybe more) using it in their laptops…

Yeah, sorry that we sort of let this drop. As you spotted it’s not exactly a bug that belongs to us.

Good news though, in the time that has passed, Realtek has published a new driver for this hardware (“rtw88”) and it’s much better from a tech perspective.

That new driver actually a more serious version of the same bug that you are triggering wth Chrome (instead of losing wifi it actually crashes your kernel) but my colleague Jian-Hong is collaborating with the driver developers and it looks like we almost have a fix in place.

If it goes well we’ll look at getting this into Endless (or at least available on the beta channel) during the next few weeks.

Thanks for the update! I surely hope that we will end up having a driver that is both stable and better working than the current :slight_smile: For now an extension such as The Great Suspender more or less makes do but not if you are working with heavier web apps (e.g. BandLab)… Then you are in trouble even with a single tab open.

The new driver (rtw88) and our memory crash fixes are now included in 3.6.2-beta1 available on the beta channel:

The final 3.6.2 version will also include this, which should be published as an official update in a few days time.

It helped,thanks for sharing

It works,problem solved thanks

Thanks for the tip. However I believe that you might know that there are some things like DNS internet service. So it has two different types of connection. First one is ADSL and SDSL that available right now in the whole world. So if your broadband connection has ADSL then it is not surprising that you have such a slow speed. Btw I had that problem before and read some tips from the source https://www.router-reset.com/how-fast-dsl-internet-service where are important tips for me and maybe for you.

I have same problem, could you please help me ?
eos-diagnostic-200514_102619_UTC 0300.txt (137.1 KB)

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

sudo ostree admin upgrade

@fatihemre Let us know if it worked.

Recently had the same problem on my hp pavilion. I thought maybe it might just be old and starts to have problems. I asked a friend of mine to take a look and he told me that there was a problem with the DNS at first, after he checked everything he told me exactly the same that we should run Terminal. However it didn’t work and i went to a laptop service center specializing in hp laptops. They have done exactly the same thing with the Terminal, and it actually worked. However, sometimes i am still having this problem, don’t you know which could be the real issue?

Recently had the same problem on my hp pavilion. I thought maybe it might just be old and starts to have problems. I asked a friend of mine to take a look and he told me that there was a problem with the DNS at first, after he checked everything he told me exactly the same that we should run Terminal. However it didn’t work and i went to a laptop service center specializing in hp laptops. They have done exactly the same thing with the Terminal, and it actually worked. After that i told myself that it would be a great idea to go and take some programming courses, like the ones at spotoclub.com. I thought that i would finally understanf these things. And aftr that i tried the Endless 3.6.2. However, sometimes i am still having this problem, don’t you know which could be the real issue?

Hi,
I have an ASUS laptop with endless OS on it.
After a few hours of work sometimes it drops the Wifi connection, so that Wifi can be reconnected only after a restart. This machine works this way since I have it.
What can be the reason, and how could I fix this problem?
Thank you for any help!

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

Hi, LeandroStanger,
Please, find attached the eos-diagnostics file I’ve just created.
eos-diagnostic-210119_234039_UTC 0100.txt (2.0 MB)