I need bluetooth help

I’m trying to use Bluetooth but I can’t get it to work I already have a dongle connected but I can’t connect my phone to send files

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

it says the file is to big to send

Can you check your OS version?

Open Settings and then option About.

Interesting case, the maximum file size which is allowed to upload here is 10m. Can you please verify the file size and if it’s really too big, please upload it to some file sharing site like https://wetransfer.com/. It would be interesting to see why the file has grown so much.

In the meantime, please try to pair your device on the commandline. Follow the thread i link below for details on how to do so.

3.8.5 (200810-184845)

…the size is 21.5 MB

Hello, @Jesus_cortes could you try to compress the log file to a smaller size then upload that .tar.gz file again?

1. Press Super key
  2. Type ‘Archive Manager’ hit enter to open it
  3. Drag and drop the eos-diagnostic-* logs file into the Archive Manager window
  4. Click ‘Create Archive’ on the popup window
  5. Save it

its now saying file type not supported even tho its the right type

i gotit finaly eos-diagnostic-200831_223156_UTC-0400.txt (4.4 MB)

Have you already tried to pair using the commandline method i linked a few posts earlier? Didn’t see any issues in the log which would prevent from pairing :frowning:

Hey @Jesus_cortes sorry there was a minor problem, can you compress and upload that big log file again? Thanks!

i don’t know if this made a difference
eos-diagnostic-200827_101805_UTC-0400.tar.gz (79.1 KB)

the oversize log had a different issue and I’ve reported back to the dev team, thanks!

do you mind explaining how that command line works because it looks confusing

Just follow the instructions, line by line. They guide you through the process of:

• Determining if the Bluetooth Adapter is recognized at a whole, and if so:
  • Pair a new device on the command line instead of the GUI, which is sometimes more reliable

I have Bluetooth problem too. I sent file over 800mb to my pc from phone via bluetooth, transfer was completed, file was sent from phone, but I can’t find file on my pc. I had no notification on pc. It say to look in to Downloads folder. But there is nothing. I try global search by file name and I don’t see it there too.

Holy … how long did it take? Bluetooth 4.2 has a maximum transfer rate of 91 KByte/sec, so it should have taken at least 2,5 Hours to complete. Don’t ever transfer such huge amount of data over bluetooth, it’s simply not designed for this.

I think that somewhere in the middle the connection got reset and the file has been discarded, even if it told you that the transfer has been finished.

I think it was about 2h, not payed attention to this. Then is another problem, I tryed before this to transfer files over usb cable but it stoped to load, I have over 10k pictures and videos. I try to move files from phone to pc. Any better way to do so?

If you have an Android Phone, you probably have the option the set the mode of the device to either PTP or MTP:

Try to switch it to PTP and then try again. Eventually, this options are hidden in the developer menu of your phone (which can normally be enabled by touching the kernel version 7 times in the about menu)