Unable to update/install anything

/sysroot/home/thomas/eos-diagnostic-190105_133111_UTC+0100.txt

Thank you very much, it worked to update from 3.3.15 to the 3.3.18!

After that, I checked for updates and the upgrade was to the version was 3.3.19.
Next, after checking again for updates and rebooting, the new version is 3.5.3 :smile:

Alexio

Hey guys,

same problem here. I can not install chrome, vlc … almost nothing.

Some help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Adrian

@Budi What version of Endless OS are you using?
To check which version of Endless OS you are in Settings :arrow_right: Details

Upgrade to Endless OS 3.5.6

Settings :arrow_right: Details :arrow_right: Look for updates

You will upgrade to Endless OS 3.3.19 repeat the procedure to upgrade to Endless OS 3.5.6

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command:
rm -f eos-fix-ostree-repo
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/endlessm/eos-meta/master/eos-tech-support/eos-fix-ostree-repo
chmod +x eos-fix-ostree-repo
sudo ./eos-fix-ostree-repo && flatpak update -y

Can I copy-paste it like it is or i have to tipe first row+enter, 2nd row+enter etc ?

Copy and paste :endless:

Ok, did that, it looks like is finished. What are the next steps?

Restart your computer and try to update again

sudo grub-editenv - create

1. Restart your computer and try to update again

Unfortunately still not working!
Just to be clear, in your last message you ment I should go to the terminal and tipe: sudo grub-editenv - create + ENTER

and not : rm -f eos-fix-ostree-repo
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/endlessm/eos-meta/master/eos-tech-support/eos-fix-ostree-repo
chmod +x eos-fix-ostree-repo
sudo ./eos-fix-ostree-repo && flatpak update -y + ENTER

and after is finishing tipe again : sudo grub-editenv - create + ENTER

I was only going to the terminal and tiped : sudo grub-editenv - create + ENTER
Result was again Fail to Update

Something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

eos-diagnostics

1. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

@wjt @ramcq Could help?

Mär 10 23:45:19 endless eos-updater[1176]: Fetch returning ERROR
Mär 10 23:45:19 endless eos-updater[1176]: g_dbus_error_encode_gerror: assertion 'domain_as_string != NULL' failed
Mär 10 23:45:19 endless eos-updater[1176]: Changing to error state: (null), 32601, Unspecified
Mär 10 23:45:30 endless kernel: pool[1649]: segfault at 8 ip 00007f59dfe43325 sp 00007f59c190dc10 error 4 in libglib-2.0.so.0.5000.2[7f59dfddc000+112000]
Mär 10 23:45:30 endless systemd[1]: eos-updater.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
Mär 10 23:45:30 endless systemd[1]: eos-updater.service: Unit entered failed state.
Mär 10 23:45:30 endless systemd[1]: eos-updater.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

Try running the following command in a terminal:

sudo ostree admin upgrade --verbose 2>&1 | tee ostree-admin-upgrade.log

If the command succeeds, try rebooting. Either way, please attach ostree-admin-upgrade.log here.

It said that it failed to do the process because the name and the service are unknown …

ostree-admin-upgrade.log (148.0 KB)

Any news on that ???

Sorry that I may seem unpacient but i would really want to know if I can come further with the endless os or I will have to send back the laptop. The other variant would be to change to windows 10 but I’ve buyed this computer just because it has linux on it. Tired of windows.
A answer/solution anytime soon will be highly appreciated.

Cheers
Adrian

Sorry for the delay.

Specifically:

error: Fehler beim Auflösen von »ostree.endlessm.com«: Der Name oder der Dienst ist nicht bekannt

This is a standard error which generally indicates a network problem; it did seem that the update was making progress until that happened. Are you able to try installing the update on a different network? What does:

host ostree.endlessm.com

show?